We Assist With Paternity Request For Orders & Responses | Santa Clarita Divorce

Lately we had been doing a lot of motions for divorce in California , so I thought I would share with you the different types of divorce motions we have been helping people with.

When were talking about divorce motions were talking about what is known as request for orders. They used to be called order to show cause.

You can file a motion for a variety of reasons, and these motions can be either temporary or permanent, depending on when you file the motion.

For instance, if your divorce case is still pending and you file a request for order the orders he received from the court are generally going to be temporary until final judgment is entered in your case. If you divorce is already been finalized and you need to file a motion post-judgment, these orders will generally be permanent until further order of the court .

In the past few weeks, we have completed several motions for clients.

The first one a lot talk about was a paternity case. A paternity case is one where a couple has a child, but they are not technically married. In this particular case, the father had not seen the child for several years. Out of the blue the father decides he wants to see his son hires an attorney and files a motion for child custody and visitation.

The mother called our office and asked us what she could do as she did not want the father, who had not seen the sun for several years, get the requested orders he was asking for.

We had her come in and reviewed the motion he had filed with the court. After reviewing the fathers declaration. We spoke to our client and asked her regarding the truthfulness of fathers claims. We then drafted a declaration in support of mothers request to deny father’s request for child custody and visitation.

Basically what you have to do when filing a response to motion is to go line by line and address the other party’s claims and state your version of the facts. And that is what we did in this case. We went line by line and addressed the issues. The father had claimed and then inserted the facts as mother presented them.

Once we’re done drafting the declaration. We may have served a copy to the father’s attorney and filed a motion with the court.

When the mother went to the hearing, she was able to successfully have the father’s request for child custody and visitation denied based on a variety of reasons that we had discussed in her responsive declaration.

Obviously, this client was very satisfied with our service in preparing her responsive declaration for a paternity case. Of course we can never promise any particular result when we help you prepare a motion or response to a motion in your paternity or divorce case.

This is just one of the cases that we assisted on this week we are currently working on three more motions or responses for our clients.

If you need to file a motion for child custody, child visitation, spousal support, child support or make any other requests you doing your divorce, while it is still pending, or after your divorce is concluded, we can help you.

We are licensed and bonded legal document preparation firm specializing in divorce in the Santa Clarita Valley. We serve all the Los Angeles courts and can assist you with your divorce case.

Please feel free to give us a call at 661-281-0266 so we can discuss the issues at hand so we can determine if we can help you through your divorce matter.