Already Divorced And Now Need To Modify Judgment

When you complete your divorce in California and have your final judgment, there may come a time when you need to make modifications to your judgment.  This may be to modify things such as child support, child custody or spousal support which are the most frequently changed things.

Watch this short video where i explain how to divorce motions after your divorce is finalized.

This can be accomplished by filing a stipulation with the court if the parties agree to the changes.  Otherwise, you need to file a motion with the court (called an RFO) and have it served on your spouse.

When it comes to serving divorce judgment modifications on your spouse after you divorce is finalized, you will usually have to serve it personally on the other party.  When i say you, i mean you have to have someone else personally serve them and have the proof of service filed with the court.