Avoid Personal Service of California Divorce Papers By Using Acknowledgment Form

Avoid Personal Service of California Divorce Papers By Using Acknowledgment Form

Hi Tim Blankenship here with divorce661.com. And just a real quick video here, a lot of people are concerned when it comes to divorce of being served.

There’s this whole scary thing of being served probably because we watch it on TV and people know they’re going to have someone follow them or show up to their work place and be served. I want you to know if you’re a client of mine we do not serve those papers upon you by process server unless you’re one of our very few percentages of cases where you guys are not in agreement, most of our clients are in agreement or working to achieve an agreement and we never serve through a process server the other party.

So, you don’t have to worry if you guys are coming on board with us, about having someone show up at your home or office to serve you divorce paper, we absolutely don’t do that. There’s a way of serving which is called the notice of acknowledgment and receipt, it’s basically we file the case, the other person does need to be served and to do that we would just have you sign a piece of paper that says you’ve received a copy. It’s that simple.

Then I file a proof of service saying that you signed a notice of acknowledgment and that counts as being served so along with going through an amicable divorce you don’t have to worry about being embarrassed or concerned about being served. Any type of paperwork nothing’s going to come from the court everything would be through our office and generally what will happen is we’ll file the case, I’ll send a copy out to you. Once you know it’s been filed and there will be a form attached called the notice of acknowledgment you’ll sign that and mail that back to me.

I file that with the court and you have been served it’s not as scary as it needs to be. Tim Blankenship divorce661.com. If you have questions or looking for assistance with your divorce in California please give me a call 6612810266. You can also always just go to our website at divorce661.com and click the blue button that says schedule a call with