Conduct Due Dilligence Before Hiring Divorce Paralegal In Santa Clarita
Today I want to talk about the importance of conducting due diligence research before hiring a divorce paralegal firm in Santa Clarita or anywhere in Los Angeles County for that matter.
Yesterday I received a call from a new client who was doing just that. Actually, the client who called me the day before called and we discussed how we can help them. The next day, I received a call from her relative who was interested in vetting me and my company.
I wish everyone would do this before hiring someone to help them with their divorce. It would save people so many problem and it would help me as well.
There are a lot of scam artists and folks calling themselves paralegals that have no business offering divorce services. These folks will take your money, do a bad job and leave you hanging. Be wary of the low cost option when it comes to divorce services.
So how can you make sure you are working with a legitimate company? Here are a few ways you can check out a company before you ever pick up the phone.
- Conduct a search for reviews or complaints online. For instance you could Google “Reviews for SCV Legal Doc Assist Santa Clarita”. When I did, Yelp was the first to come up and show our 5 Star reviews.
- Read the client testimonials on thier website. Our testimonials are actual client testimonials, but beware of companies making them up. Usually you can tell if the owner made them up on their own.
- Make sure they are licensed and bonded. In order to provide legal services, one must be a “Legal Document Assistant” Anyone who calls themselves a “Paralegal” is not allowed by law to work for you without attorney supervision nor can they create a client relationship directly with you.
- Read the content on their website or blog to learn about the company (if they even have one). Read the “about” page. I write all our articles on www.divorce661.com and other blogs. They are written from personal experience with current clients and are very informative. Also check to see if they publish their pricing. We do!
- Watch a few YouTube videos, if they have any. We have almost 100 videos about divorce and the divorce process.
- Listen to any Podcasts they may have done. We routinely broadcast a Podcast “audio” feed and upload it to our blog. Here we offer tips and tricks about divorce.
Now that you have done this, which would probably take you all of 15 minutes, you can pick up the phone and call the company.
The people that do some or all of these things makes for a much more productive conversation They already know about me, what I look like, sound like, etc. Now we can get down to business and talk about how we can help you get through this thing they call divorce.