How To File Agreement (Stipulation) For California Divorce

Hi, Tim Blankenship here with and we’re talking about stipulation and orders and you probably hear me talk about this quite a bit.

Whenever somebody calls me and they want to have new orders, or they want to amend orders previously made in their judgment they’ll call and they’ll say Tim we want to go to court and we want to modify the orders.

The first thing I’ll say is, well is there any chance you can come to an agreement on this because we can file what’s called a stipulation order and everyone gets to avoid court. So if that’s possible and half the time it is, half the time it isn’t, we’ll draft the stipulation order. Now when we send it out to you wither you’re doing your own or you need help and that’s why you’re watching this video or listening to this podcast is on the stipulation orders there’s a signature for both parties and the judge.

These forms do not need to be notarized and they can even be a faxed signature. So when we’re working with folks across California and we’re filing the stipulation order we do not need the same form to be signed by both parties. We do not need original signatures, and we do not need to be notarized.

So it’s actually pretty straight forward, pretty simple. Its things we can get done via fax or email, or we send you the agreement, the stipulation. You and your spouse, or ex spouse sign it and just fax it back, or scan it back and that’s all we need. No notary, no original signatures, pretty straight forward, 20 dollar filing fee to file the stipulation order and then you have a new order that modifies the previous order. Tim Blankenship,

If you have any more questions about stipulation and orders, fill free to give me a call 661 281 0266, or go to for more information. Thanks for watching.