How To Fill Out California Divorce Motion Forms (RFO) Santa Clarita Divorce

How To Fill Out California Divorce Motion Forms (RFO) Santa Clarita Divorce

Today we’re talking about how to file a divorce motion.

And this is generally for California but specifically for Los Angeles County. It may slightly very outside of the county of Los Angeles. So double check the court website or feel free to give us a call.

But we are talking about filling out a motion. This was called an order to show cost in the past it’s now called a request for order.

And this is form FL-300. This is a document that you’ll use or form rather that you’ll use to ask the court for some type of temporary order.

This could be for spousal support, child support, custody, visitation, basically anything you want to ask the court for to get an order form the court, you would file this type of motion.

Certain things to keep in mind, you have some time frame as far as services are concerned. I’ve done a video on that as well.

But today we’re specifically talking about the documents you need. You’re going to need form FL-300, that’s the form you’d file with the court to get a hearing.

If you’re request have anything to do with custody, visitation or children for that matter, you’re going to also need a mediation date, which you’re going to obtain from the court mediation office prior to filing your motion and getting your court date.

They will not give you a court date for your motion until you’d have that mediation date and time schedule.

The next thing you’ll need to do is an income expense declaration if your request has anything to do with money.

If it has anything to do with child support or spousal support or any financial purposes, you’re going to need to file an income expense. This is form FL-150.

Other things you’ll have to do, if you have motion regarding your children is take an online PACT class.

That is P A C T. Parents And Children Together, I believe.

And you can do that right online, it takes about an hour and you’ll need to do that before your mediation date.

Those are the forms you’d need. When you go to file before you serve your motion on your spouse, you need to get the court date and the mediation date if applicable before you serve your spouse.

You need to have the court date on there before you server your spouse.

We’ve been doing a lot of motions and I want to just get this video out there. We can help you, if you need to file a motion for any reason. We can help you get the court date, the mediation date, we can schedule your only PACT class. We can help you with all of that.

Just keep in mind that if it’s regarding spousal support or child support, you need an incoming expense, don’t forget that. You’ll also need to serve blank copies of exactly what you’re serving.

We can take care of this for you, if you need to file a motion, just keep in mind that any motion you file with the court is a temporary order until final judgment.

Just because you get a spousal support order or child support order in that hearing, you still need to incorporate that into the final order. Don’t make a mistake of thinking your case is finalized because you have an order from the court.

Any request for order motion is a temporary order until final judgment is entered in your case.

My name is Tim Blankenship,

The number is 661-281-0266. Look forward to talking to you.