Filing & Serving Response To California Divorce

Hi, Tim Blankenship here with In this video podcast we’re talking about how to file and serve your response when going through a divorce in California.

So when you start a divorce case and you start a petition you first have to file the petition, get a case number, and then you file. When you’re filing the response it’s exactly the opposite.

You have to first serve it before you can file it because you have to file a proof of service showing that your response has been served rather, before you can file it. so when you fill out your response you’re going to have to attach a proof of service by mail or personal service, but by mail is fine and you have to attach that to the back of your response form otherwise the court will reject the filing of your response.

Tim Blankenship,, hope this video was hepful, take care and have a great day.