Questions To Ask A Santa Clarita Divorce Attorney
I came across this great list of questions you can ask your divorce attorney when you are getting ready for an initial divorce consultation with an attorney. So this article will mostly be a list of questions you can use to help get you to find the right Santa Clarita divorce attorney. So without furher delay, here is a list of questions you can ask your potential divorce attorney.
- How long have you been doing family law?
- How long have you been in practice?
- Do you specialize in family law?
- How many family law cases have you completed?
- Will I be working with you or an Associate Attorney?
- How do the charges work?
- How often do your cases go to trial?
- Do encourage mediation?
- Are yo a certified family law specialist?
- Are you familiar with the court we will be in?
- Are you familiar with the Judge in this case?
- Do you have a good relationship with other attorneys in the community?
- Have you worked with my spouses lawyer?
- What would other divorce attorneys say about you?
- What do you think the outcome of this case will be?
- What do you estimate to be the total cost of my case?
- Will you accept my input about decisions such as when to file motions?
- Have you ever been disciplines by the state bar?
Again this was just a partial list of good questions I have found to give you a baseline of information about the attorney you are meeting with. Of course, you will want to ask questions that are specific to your case and get specific answers. It is always a good idea to write down your questions on a note pad prior to walking in. You are paying for the time and you don’t want to leave having forgot to ask something or sit there trying to remember what you wanted to ask.